Trade Legislation in and between Turkey and Greece
Throughout time Turkey and Greece have gone through much dilemma and tribulations while still sharing a cultural closeness. With the development of this website we aim in bringing Turkish and Greeks firms together through trade and business relations.
The information below contains data regarding businesses in both Turkey and Greece. These websites can help give a general economic background for both countries while also showing possible opportunities in various sectors. Important information can also be found about the each countries history and current status as a player throughout world markets.
The Republic of Turkey
Business Guide to Turkey
The website above includes the following information prepared by (DEIK) the Foreign Economic Relations Board;
- Turkey in Brief
- Brief Historical Background for the Turkish Economy
- Current Situation of the Turkish Economy
- Financial Sector
- Foreign Trade
- International Business
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Tax System
- Investment Incentives
- Southeastern Anatolia Project (GAP)
- Turkish Telecommunications Sector
- Tourism in Turkey
Turkish Exporters Directory
The website above website, prepared by the Undersecretariat of the Prime Ministry for Foreign Trade, includes a databank which consists of firm, product, and country data.
Export Promotion Center
Also prepared by the Undersecretariat of the Prime Ministry for Foreign Trade, this website includes precise information about doing business in Turkey.
Information and facts can also be found regarding the Turkish economy, tips for business travel, foreign trade in Turkey, sector information, and a calendar which lists fairs to be organized in Turkey.
Treasury of the Republic of Turkey
The website of the Turkish treasury provides statistics and facts about foreign investment in Turkey.
Reports can be found containing the following information;
- Foreign Investment Reports
- Date Tables of Foreign Investment Report (2005)
- Foreign Investment Report 2004
- Foreign Investment in Turkey (Annual Report 2002)
- Investment Advisory Council for Turkey
- Declaration of Outcomes – Second Meeting of Investment Advisory Council for Turkey, April 29, 2005
- Investment Advisory Council for Turkey Progress Report – Press Release
- Progress Report – Investment Advisory Council for Turkey
- Declaration of Outcomes – Inaugural Meeting of Investment Advisory Council for Turkey
- Useful Addresses throughout Turkey who are involved and play a role in investment.
- Foreign Investment Legislation
- FDI Law
- Regulation for Implementation of FDI Law
- FDI Operations Date Form
- FDI Capital Date Form
- FDI Share Transfer Date Form
- Date Form for Liaison Offices Activities
- Communiqué on Establishing a Company in Turkey
- About the New Foreign Direct Investment Law
- 10 Key Questions Regarding Turkey’s New Foreign Direct Investment Law
- Foreign Investment Statistics
- Foreign Investment Information Bulletin 2005
- Tables of Capital Export of Turkey
- Monthly Authorized FDI Inflows
- Breakdown of Authorized FDI According to Sectors
- Breakdown of Authorized FDI According to Home Countries
- FDI Permits by Types of Investment (2000 – A of June 30, 2003)
- Breakdown of Capital Companies According to Home Countries (As of June 30, 2003)
- Sectorel Distribution of Capital Companies Operation of Turkey (As of June, 2003)
- By Years of Foreign Capital Investments (1980 – 2003)
- Investment in Turkey and Improving Investment Climate
- A website developed by the Turkish Treasury, aimed at showing international entrepreneurs why and how to invest in Turkey. Facts and figures on how to make Turkey fits into current international business strategies are also available. http://www.investinturkey.gov.tr/cms/
- IAC Statement of Outcomes.
- The Investment Advisory Council Inaugural Meeting – Declaration of Outcomes from meeting. (March 15, 2004)
MSI Legal & Accounting Network Worldwide (MSI)
MSI Legal & Accounting Network Worldwide (MSI) is an establishment which helps develop networks for professional firms, and aims to have a member firm in every commercial and financial centre in the world. This website provides information about the Turkish economy and gives an overview of the Turkish legal system, government, and international trade.
The Hellenic Republic
Turkish Embassy in Athens, Office of The Commercial Counsellor
This site provides current and up to date information about various aspects of Turkey's economy including trade statistics, commercial regulations, regulations, free zones and foreign investment. Information about current news and events regarding Greece can also be found on this site.
Doing Business in Greece
Information provided by the World Bank from starting a business to taxes and contracts this website can help provide a base for starting a business in Greece.
MSI Legal & Accounting Network Worldwide (MSI)
MSI Legal & Accounting Network Worldwide (MSI) is an establishment which helps develop networks for professional firms, and aims to have a member firm in every commercial and financial centre in the world. This website provides information about the Greek economy and gives a guideline for establishing business in Greece.
The Hellenic Center for Investment ELKE
The Hellenic Center for Investment (ELKE) is the national investment agency responsible for promoting, attracting and supporting foreign direct investment into Greece.
Hellenic Republic Ministry of Finance and Economy
The Hellenic Republic Ministry of Finance and Economy provides general reports about the economic situation of Greece.